Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nesting Chairs - Available in the shop!

At long last, my new Nesting Chairs collection is available in my shop. I'm so excited and I hope you love them.

You may recall my struggle with my colors on the yellow Stacked Chairs. (My yellow wasn't holding up the way I was comfortable with...) You guys were really wonderful and shared some very insightful suggestions for incorporating enough yellow to finish out the collection while solving my printing dilemma with the solid yellow background. I played with subtle backgrounds that 'spoke' to yellow and loads of different shades of grey. For the design, I wanted the beauty of the shapes of the chairs to be very simple and showcase their architectural quality and I just kept coming back to the yellow upholstery. And I'm so happy with the result. I like it even better than where I started. (It reminds me of a great yellow sofa my Grandmother had when I was little!)

OLD


NEW


The entire collection is available in two color stories: Yellow & Grey and Aqua & Orange.



I hope you'll pop over to the store for a bunch of detail shots!

The other item I've added is a new DIY Pillow Panel in orange/aqua and yellow/grey. I am soooo excited about these. You can make your own pillow cover using this printed panel. It's printed on Upholstery Weight Cotton Twill, and its ideal for a couch or bed cushion cover. I bet it could also be used for a super cute panel in a tote or diaper bag! The panel is 17.5" x 17.5” a features a swirly background with a Nesting Chair and Ottoman. Included with the panel are easy to follow instructions for sewing a pillow cover that will fit a 16" x 16" insert.





Happy shopping!!

11 comments:

Bellgirl said...

Wow, you've done it again! I love the colours you've chosen.

Ashley said...

Oh Laurie! You've certainly done it again - these are all perfect. I'm totally in love, even without seeing them in person! So glad you were able to solve the color dilemma - I'm loving this gray background! (oh, and those pillow panels are great too - I think a yellow one might have to come live in the new nursery - we've done gray walls with a little yellow, and we're about to put up a couple vinyl decals of very similar-looking birds!)

Jenn~ said...

Fell in love with the Grey and Yellow Pillow Cover and happy to say that it will be coming home to me soon....

love everything!!

Angela said...

I adore these!!!

Unknown said...

oh they're lovely ... *scooting on over now* :)

Corinnea said...

Your colors are yummy!

Lee said...

Beautiful! love that yellow and grey!

Poppyprint said...

Your new release couldn't have come at a better time!! I have two dud bee blocks that came out ever so slightly too small and they are perfect to have on the opposite side of each of your pillow panels! What luck!! Finally, I will have some of your fab designs. yippee. Going shopping now.

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are beautiful! I never get tired of your designs.

~ Val @ PinkPlease! ~ said...

Adorable. I need one of those DIY pillows...stat!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

I love the silhouette of the chairs on the gray background. Just right! : )